Brixton Masjid is always happy to encourage and facilitate for members of the Muslim community to positively contribute to the well being of the Mosque. As such we have recently launched a volunteering project ( this can also link to the application form) to facilitate for this.
So no matter what your skills and qualifications may be, or how many hours your able to provide, the Masjid is convinced that your expertise or time can be utilised in the best way for the house of Allah.
Below are just some of the many ideas of what areas are available for your contributions;
- Fundraising- (Strategies & Ideas, street collections
- Organising and helping in events, dinners, fun days)
- IT- (poster designs, video productions and editing)
- Events- (Stewarding, security, ticket sales, advertising and poster distributions for large events- Eid, Seminars & Conferences)
- Building and Maintenance- ( Decorating, plumbing, electrics and sound)
- Education- (Arabic/Madrassah teachers, SAT-GCSE-A-level tutors)